A typical design and building project will consist of the following:
- Arrange initial consultation meeting with client
- Acquire client specification
- Issue client with appointment letter
- On acceptance of the appointment letter, prepare client brief
- Undertake a full measured survey of the property and site
- Prepare full set of existing & proposed drawings consisting of all external elevations and floor plans
- Discuss proposals with client and carry out amendments until client approval
- Prepare and submit application to local authority to obtain permission to carry out works
- After permission has been sought from local authority, provide client with copies of approved plans
- Confirm client is prepared to proceed with building regulation approval
- Prepare and submit full set of existing & proposed building regulation issue drawings, specification notes and engineering details to local authority under building notice or full plans deposit.
- Acquire from local authority building control department a passing of plans certificate
- We would arrange another meeting with client to discuss fine details such as fixtures, fittings, finishes etc.
- At this stage the project will be ready to tender.
- A schedule of works will be prepared which will include all works relating to project which the contractor will provide an estimate or quotation for.
- Where required, a party wall agreement will be prepared
- The client will then select their desired building contractor and building works will commence.